Taco soup is a hearty and flavorful dish that is perfect for a cold winter night or a quick and easy meal any time of year. With a combination of ground beef, beans, vegetables, and a variety of spices, it’s sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Here’s a recipe for the best taco soup:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (1.25 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the ground beef over medium heat until it is browned and fully cooked.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper (if using) to the pot and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chilies, kidney beans, black beans, corn, beef broth, taco seasoning, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for at least 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are fully cooked and the flavors have melded together.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with your favorite taco toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, and diced avocado. Enjoy!
This recipe makes about 6 servings and can be easily doubled or tripled for a larger crowd. It’s also a great option for meal prep, as it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Simply defrost and reheat as needed for a quick and easy meal.