Looking to add a little something special to your appetizer spread? Look no further than this recipe for the best baba ganoush! This creamy, flavorful dip is made with roasted eggplant and a variety of aromatic spices and is perfect for dipping with pita bread, veggies, or crackers.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prick the eggplant all over with a fork and place it on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes, or until the skin is charred and the eggplant is soft.
- Let the eggplant cool for a few minutes, then slice it in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a blender or food processor. Discard the skin.
- Add the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper to the blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the baba ganoush to a serving dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serve the baba ganoush with pita bread, veggies, or crackers. Enjoy!
This recipe makes about 2 cups of baba ganoush and can be easily doubled or tripled to feed a larger crowd. It’s also a great option for meal prep, as it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply stir in the parsley just before serving for the freshest flavor.