Paella is a traditional Spanish dish that is beloved by people all around the world. It’s a flavorful and satisfying meal that is perfect for gatherings with friends and family. One of the best things about paella is that it’s highly customizable, so you can use a wide range of ingredients to suit your preferences.
If you follow a vegan or gluten-free diet, you might think that paella is off limits. However, with a few simple substitutions, you can enjoy this delicious dish without compromising your dietary restrictions.
Paella has a long and rich history dating back to the 19th century. It originated in Valencia, Spain and was originally made with rice, beans, and vegetables. Over time, it has evolved to include a variety of ingredients such as seafood, chicken, and sausage.
Nowadays, there are countless variations of paella, and it’s enjoyed by people all over the world. The dish is traditionally cooked in a large pan called a paellera, and it’s typically served at festive occasions or as a Sunday meal.
Without further ado, let’s get to the recipe for Vegan and Gluten-Free Paella.
Vegan and Gluten-Free Paella Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan or paellera over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and bell peppers to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat it with the oil and vegetables.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the tomatoes, peas, carrots, zucchini, paprika, turmeric, cumin, salt, and black pepper to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the fresh parsley and serve the paella hot.
This Vegan and Gluten-Free Paella is a delicious and satisfying meal that is perfect for any occasion. It’s packed with flavorful vegetables and aromatic spices, and it’s easy to customize with your favorite ingredients. Whether you follow a vegan or gluten-free diet, or simply want to enjoy a healthy and tasty meal, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite.
Leave a Reply