Looking to add a little tang and crunch to your dishes? Look no further than this recipe for perfect pickled shallots! These pickled shallots are easy to make and add a pop of flavor to sandwiches, salads, and more.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, peppercorns, bay leaf, and garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the shallots to the pan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the shallots are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the shallots cool in the pickling liquid.
- Transfer the shallots and pickling liquid to a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight, before serving.
This recipe makes about 1 cup of pickled shallots and can be easily doubled or tripled to have on hand for an easy addition to your meals. The pickled shallots will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.